Frequently asked questionsOn this page you will find the frequently asked questions.
- A vignette is proof that road tax has been paid for the vehicle.
- You will need a vignette if you use the national motorways (Autobahn) in Switzerland.
- A vignette is required for vehicles with a maximum permitted weight of up to 3500 kg. For vehicles above 3500 kg, including heavy motorhomes, the so-called Schwerverkehrsabgabe must be paid. For this, you must report to the customs offices at the border crossings. The amount depends on the length of your stay.
- A separate vignette must be bought for a trailer (up to 3500 kg). A total of two vignettes are also required for a combination of car and caravan. A trailer behind a motorcycle is exempt.
- You only need a vignette for Switzerland if you use the motorways. If you use a rental car, there is usually already a vignette on it. Please inquire in advance!
- Make sure you apply for your vignette on time! The vignette will be posted within 1 working day (except for weekends and national holidays). Then it may take 2 working days before you receive your vignette. We rely on PostNL for the delivery.
- You will receive the adhesive vignette for Switzerland by post at the address specified by you.
- Switzerland only used annual vignettes. Every year the Swiss government issues a new vignette, with a new year and new colours. The Swiss vignette is valid from 1 December (previous year) to 31 January (the following year). So, 14 months in total.
- Right of withdrawal
Right of withdrawal of the mediation service NJ Travel
You have the right to withdraw from the agreement with NJ Travel regarding the mediation service within a period of 14 days without giving reasons. This withdrawal period expires 14 days after the agreement has been concluded, or the day on which you have submitted the application for mediation to us.
*However, the right of withdrawal expires sooner if you have requested us, when making your application, to start immediately with the mediation service and have agreed that your right of withdrawal will expire as soon as the mediation service has been fully performed. This is the case if the intended agreement to which the application relates has been concluded.
Right of withdrawal regarding the agreement with the provider of the digital vignette
You have the right to withdraw from the agreement that has been concluded with the provider of the digital vignette through our mediation service within a period of 14 days without giving reasons. This withdrawal period expires 14 days after the relevant agreement has been concluded, or when we have concluded the agreement with the provider on your behalf.
To exercise the right of withdrawal
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform NJ Travel B.V. Piet Heinstraat 7, 7204 JN Zutphen, +31854017689, [email protected] via an unequivocal statement (e.g. in writing by post or e-mail) of your decision to withdraw from the agreement. You can also use the European concept withdrawal form (download here), but the use of this form is not mandatory. To comply with the withdrawal period, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired. The foregoing also applies to the withdrawal statement that relates to agreements that have been concluded through the mediation service of NJ Travel.
Consequences of the right of withdrawal
If you withdraw from the agreement, all* payments you have made so far will be refunded, including any delivery charges (with the exception of any additional charges for choosing another delivery method than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us) without undue delay and in any case no later than 14 days after we have been informed of your decision to withdraw from the agreement. We will refund the money via the same payment method as you used for the original transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, no fees will be charged for such refunds.
* If you have requested that the provision of the (mediation) services begin during the withdrawal period, you will pay an amount that is proportional to what has already been delivered at the time you have notified us that you are withdrawing from the agreement, compared to the full performance of the agreement.
European concept withdrawal form
(only complete and return this form if you want to withdraw from the agreement)
[ name of the company ]
[ geographic address of the company ]
[ fax number of the company, if available ]
[ email address or electronic address of the company ]
I/We* hereby inform you that I/we* want to withdraw from our agreement regarding the provision of the following service: [name of the service]
Ordered on*/received on* [date of the order for services or date of receipt for products)
[Name of the consumer(s)] [Address of the consumer(s)]
[Signature of the consumer(s)] [only when this form is submitted on paper)
*Delete what is not applicable or complete what is applicable.
- Yes, if the cost of the vignette is not covered by your insurance, a replacement vignette is available from Swiss Customs. You must then send the piece of windscreen with the vignette, the invoice for the replaced windscreen and a statement from your insurance company that the vignette will not be reimbursed to:
Direction Generale des Douanes
Section Vehicules et redevances sur le trafiic routier
- Yes, there are checks. Fines are high so don't take the risk!
No, in the Grote Sint-Bernard tunnel and Munt-la-Schera tunnel you still have to pay toll charges in addition to the vignette. Rates change regularly.
- If you enter the place of departure and arrival on the home page, you will see clearly which products are mandatory for your trip to Switzerland.
- We use a secure connection (https). Your personal data is only requested to apply for the vignette. The data will not be used in any other way and will not be sold to third parties for commercial purposes.
- You can pay with iDeal (NL) and MisterCash (BE). After you have paid, your application is final.
NJ Vignette B.V. is an intermediary and applies for the vignette on your behalf and in your name. NJ Vignette B.V. charges a commission for this.
An agreement is concluded between you and the official authority of the relevant country that issues the vignette, with regard to the vignette requirement.
All prices on our website are including vat.