Start the application process for your vignette below. You can have the required vignettes calculated automatically based on your arrival and departure date, or choose the vignettes yourself.
Read more first? Check out the most viewed pages below.
- Payment methods
- Delivery time
In most case the delivery time is within one hour. Express processing is possible.
- Official vignette for Hungary
The vignette will be delivered by NTPS PLC,, the Hungary road authority.
Buy vignette for Hungary
For most motorways in Hungary you are required to have a valid vignette when you are driving your car. Below you will find some important points about the toll charges in Hungary:
- You require a vignette to use a large part of the motorways in Hungary, this is also called an e-vignette or e-Matrica.
- You do not have to affix the vignette to the windscreen, it will be checked through the license plate.
- All motorways in Hungary (indicate by a M and a number, e.g. M1 or M15) are toll roads.
- For some sections of these motorways, you do not have to pay toll charges, these are mainly the sections that lead around a city.
- The vignette is also mandatory on the formerly exempt M86 between Szombathely and Répcelak, near the Austrian border.
Which vignette do you require for the toll charges in Hungary?
- Passenger cars and motorcycles with a maximum of 7 seats are covered by the Category D1 vignette. These vehicles have a permitted maximum mass of up to 3500 kg. Does the vehicle fall within this category and do you have a trailer? Then you do not have to buy a separate vignette for the trailer. The e-vignette for motorhomes depends on the permitted maximum mass, the vehicle classification and the number of seats. Categories D2 and B2 are for passenger cars and buses with a maximum weight of up to 3500 kg. Enter your details and we will immediately select the right vignette for you.
Validity of the toll vignette for Hungary
You can select one of the following four types of vignettes for Hungary:
- A weekly vignette (valid for 7 days)
- A monthly vignette (valid for 30 days)
- An annual vignette (valid from 1 January till 31 January of the next year)
- A regional vignette (only valid for the province for which it is issued)
- Starting from 2024 there will a 1-day vignette available.
Price of the vignette for Hungary
These are the prices for the various vignette categories:
|Product||Fees||Service fee||Total price|
|10 day vignette Hungary|
Service fee: €5.28
Total price: €19.95
|Month vignette Hungary|
Service fee: €6.21
Total price: €29.95
|Rapid processing (within 30 minutes)|
Service fee: €7.95
Total price: €7.95
E-vignette for Hungary for rental cars
Rental cars that you rent in Hungary often have the right vignette. Is the rental car registered in another country? Then you must buy a toll vignette and link it to the relevant license plate.
To order a vignette for Hungary online
- Go to this page.
- Enter your place/country of departure and arrival.
- Click on “review and order products” in the left column.
- Select your vehicle and travel date.
- Our website will automatically recognise which vignette you require (7 days, 30 days, the annual or regional vignette).
- Remove any unnecessary products.
- All products required for your car journey are automatically displayed.
- Enter your details.
- Complete the order by paying via iDeal or Mister Cash.
- Your vignette for Hungary will be instantly valid.
Fine for not having a vignette for Hungary
If you drive on a motorway without the valid motorway vignette for Hungary, you will receive a fine of € 91.57, which will be sent to your home. You will receive it from the EPC PLC. This is the European collection agency that collects fines for Hungary. The systems are automated with license plate registration, so you cannot get out of it.
Details about the toll vignette for Hungary
- Check whether the right license plate and the right country code is stated on the e-vignette.
- Hungary conducts checks based on license plate registration.
- Keep the e-vignette for one year, as proof in case of any unjust fines.
- Please note: fines for not paying toll charges are high.
NJ Vignette B.V. is an intermediary and applies for the vignette on your behalf and in your name. NJ Vignette B.V. charges a commission for this.
An agreement is concluded between you and the official authority of the relevant country that issues the vignette, with regard to the vignette requirement.
All prices on our website are including vat.