Frequently asked questions SlovakiaOn this page you will find the frequently asked questions.
- A vignette is proof that road tax has been paid for the vehicle. The e-vignette, also called digital vignette, is fully linked to your car’s registration number and is registered in the Slovakia central database. So, you no longer have to affix a vignette to your windscreen.
- You will need a vignette when you use the motorways and expressways in Slovakia.
- You must have a vignette for passenger cars (including caravan), delivery vans and motorhomes up to 3500 kg. Toll charges must be paid via an electronic box for lorries, buses and motorhomes that are heavier than 3500 kg. You can buy this box via emyto.sk. Motorcyclists do not need a vignette.
- If you have a trailer or caravan behind the car, you do not need to buy a separate vignette. All motorhomes and buses must, if they tow a trailer or caravan, buy a separate trailer vignette.
- You will not need a separate vignette for the trailer, if your car and trailer together do not weigh more than 3500 kg. If your car and trailer together weigh more than 3500 kg, you must have a separate vignette for the trailer
- The vignette is digital. Your registration number will be registered in the Slovakia database within one working day. From this moment you are allowed to enter Slovakia by car on the date for which you have applied for your vignette.
- Your registration number will be registered in the Slovakia database. So, you will not receive a tangible vignette that you must affix to the car. You will receive the proof of purchase of the digital vignette for Slovakia by email. We advise you to print this proof of purchase and to take it with you on your journey.
- Right of withdrawal of the mediation service NJ Travel
You have the right to withdraw from the agreement with NJ Travel regarding the mediation service within a period of 14 days without giving reasons. This withdrawal period expires 14 days after the agreement has been concluded, or the day on which you have submitted the application for mediation to us.
*However, the right of withdrawal expires sooner if you have requested us, when making your application, to start immediately with the mediation service and have agreed that your right of withdrawal will expire as soon as the mediation service has been fully performed. This is the case if the intended agreement to which the application relates has been concluded.
Right of withdrawal regarding the agreement with the provider of the digital vignette
You have the right to withdraw from the agreement that has been concluded with the provider of the digital vignette through our mediation service within a period of 14 days without giving reasons. This withdrawal period expires 14 days after the relevant agreement has been concluded, or when we have concluded the agreement with the provider on your behalf.
To exercise the right of withdrawal
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform NJ Travel B.V. Piet Heinstraat 7, 7204 JN Zutphen, +31854017689, [email protected] via an unequivocal statement (e.g. in writing by post or e-mail) of your decision to withdraw from the agreement. You can also use the European concept withdrawal form (download here), but the use of this form is not mandatory. To comply with the withdrawal period, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired. The foregoing also applies to the withdrawal statement that relates to agreements that have been concluded through the mediation service of NJ Travel.
Consequences of the right of withdrawal
If you withdraw from the agreement, all* payments you have made so far will be refunded, including any delivery charges (with the exception of any additional charges for choosing another delivery method than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us) without undue delay and in any case no later than 14 days after we have been informed of your decision to withdraw from the agreement. We will refund the money via the same payment method as you used for the original transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, no fees will be charged for such refunds.
* If you have requested that the provision of the (mediation) services begin during the withdrawal period, you will pay an amount that is proportional to what has already been delivered at the time you have notified us that you are withdrawing from the agreement, compared to the full performance of the agreement.
European concept withdrawal form
(only complete and return this form if you want to withdraw from the agreement)
[ name of the company ]
[ geographic address of the company ]
[ fax number of the company, if available ]
[ email address or electronic address of the company ]
I/We* hereby inform you that I/we* want to withdraw from our agreement regarding the provision of the following service: [name of the service]
Ordered on*/received on* [date of the order for services or date of receipt for products)
[Name of the consumer(s)] [Address of the consumer(s)]
[Signature of the consumer(s)] [only when this form is submitted on paper)
*Delete what is not applicable or complete what is applicable.
- This depends on the vignette. You can apply for a vignette for Slovakia that is valid for 7 days, 30 days, 90 days or one year.
- No, once you have submitted the application, you can no longer make any changes.
Can I cancel the booking of a digital vignette?
- If you enter the place of departure and arrival on the home page, you will see clearly which products are mandatory for your trip to Slovakia.
- Do you have a company car, small bus or pick-up truck? Then a vignette for a passenger car is not sufficient. In this case, you must tick a vignette for a motorhome/campervan on the application form. If your vehicle weighs more than 3500 kg, you cannot request a vignette via our website.
- Yes, there are checks by means of an automated camera system.
- You can only use a vignette for Slovakia once. The vignette is registered on your registration number and is valid for a certain period.
NJ Vignette B.V. is an intermediary and applies for the vignette on your behalf and in your name. NJ Vignette B.V. charges a commission for this.
An agreement is concluded between you and the official authority of the relevant country that issues the vignette, with regard to the vignette requirement.
All prices on our website are including vat.