Frequently asked questions FranceOn this page you will find the frequently asked questions.
- An emissionsticker is proof that your vehicle meets certain emission standards. The sticker is mandatory for entering the emission zones in France.
- Depending on your car’s age and type of fuel, you will receive an emission sticker of a certain colour. The stickers are divided into 6 categories. The cleanest vehicles receive a green sticker, the most polluting a grey sticker or no sticker at all. Please note! You cannot enter all the emission zones in France with each sticker. These rules vary per city. Here you can review the rules per city.
- If you want to drive through an emission zone in France, you will need a French emission sticker. Which colour sticker you need, depends on the emission zone you drive in.
- If you do not enter the French emission zones, you will not need an emission sticker. In addition, some vehicles do not require an sticker. For example, vehicles from state-owned companies and public services such as the police, fire brigade and ambulances. Agricultural or construction vehicles do not need an emission sticker either.
- If you have a (European) disabled parking permit, you will still need an emission sticker for France. You can enter the French emission zones at any time regardless of the colour of the sticker. Both the parking permit and the sticker must be clearly visible.
- When you order the French emission sticker through our website, you will receive the sticker per post at the address specified by you. The delivery will take 2-4 weeks. If you have not received the sticker yet, you can use the invoice to travel. You will receive the invoice within 1-3 working days after submitting your application by email.
- No, you can only apply for the sticker online.
- Your sticker for France is valid for an indefinite period in combination with your registration number. If you change your car or registration number, you must apply for an sticker again. When you replace your windscreen, you must also buy a new sticker.
- Yes, you must buy a new sticker. A sticker cannot be affixed twice.
- No, you can only affix your sticker once. The sticker is valid for an indefinite period and registered by registration number.
- Yes, you can use the French sticker in all France emission zones. However, it does depend on the colour sticker that your vehicle has, which zones you are allowed to enter. In addition, on days with a lot of air pollution, the most polluting vehicles are refused. With an sticker you do not automatically have access to the zones on all days.
- No, you cannot use your French sticker in other countries. Germany also has emission zones, but it has its own emission sticker.
- If you drive through the emission zones in France without an correct sticker, you will risk a fine of 68 EUR.
- Right of withdrawal
Right of withdrawal of the mediation service NJ Travel
You have the right to withdraw from the agreement with NJ Travel regarding the mediation service within a period of 14 days without giving reasons. This withdrawal period expires 14 days after the agreement has been concluded, or the day on which you have submitted the application for mediation to us.
*However, the right of withdrawal expires sooner if you have requested us, when making your application, to start immediately with the mediation service and have agreed that your right of withdrawal will expire as soon as the mediation service has been fully performed. This is the case if the intended agreement to which the application relates has been concluded.
Right of withdrawal regarding the agreement with the provider of the digital vignette
You have the right to withdraw from the agreement that has been concluded with the provider of the digital vignette through our mediation service within a period of 14 days without giving reasons. This withdrawal period expires 14 days after the relevant agreement has been concluded, or when we have concluded the agreement with the provider on your behalf.
To exercise the right of withdrawal
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform NJ Travel B.V. Piet Heinstraat 7, 7204 JN Zutphen, +31854017689, email@example.com via an unequivocal statement (e.g. in writing by post or e-mail) of your decision to withdraw from the agreement. You can also use the European concept withdrawal form (download here), but the use of this form is not mandatory. To comply with the withdrawal period, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired. The foregoing also applies to the withdrawal statement that relates to agreements that have been concluded through the mediation service of NJ Travel.
Consequences of the right of withdrawal
If you withdraw from the agreement, all* payments you have made so far will be refunded, including any delivery charges (with the exception of any additional charges for choosing another delivery method than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us) without undue delay and in any case no later than 14 days after we have been informed of your decision to withdraw from the agreement. We will refund the money via the same payment method as you used for the original transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, no fees will be charged for such refunds.
* If you have requested that the provision of the (mediation) services begin during the withdrawal period, you will pay an amount that is proportional to what has already been delivered at the time you have notified us that you are withdrawing from the agreement, compared to the full performance of the agreement.
European concept withdrawal form
(only complete and return this form if you want to withdraw from the agreement)
[ name of the company ]
[ geographic address of the company ]
[ fax number of the company, if available ]
[ email address or electronic address of the company ]
I/We* hereby inform you that I/we* want to withdraw from our agreement regarding the provision of the following service: [name of the service]
Ordered on*/received on* [date of the order for services or date of receipt for products)
[Name of the consumer(s)] [Address of the consumer(s)]
[Signature of the consumer(s)] [only when this form is submitted on paper)
*Delete what is not applicable or complete what is applicable.
Apply for a vignette for France
NJ Vignette B.V. is an intermediary and applies for the vignette on your behalf and in your name. NJ Vignette B.V. charges a commission for this.
An agreement is concluded between you and the official authority of the relevant country that issues the vignette, with regard to the vignette requirement.
All prices on our website are including vat.