Frequently asked questions Czech RepublicOn this page you will find the frequently asked questions.
- A vignette is proof that road tax has been paid for the vehicle. As from December 2019, it is possible to apply for a digital vignette for the Czech Republic. The vignette is fully linked to your vehicle’s registration number and is registered in the Czech Republic central database. So, you no longer have to affix a vignette to your windscreen or buy it at a petrol station at the border.
- You will need a vignette when you use the motorways and expressway in the Czech Republic.
- There is no need to buy a separate vignette for a trailer (up to 3500 kg). Motor vehicles are exempt from the vignette requirement.
- Right of withdrawal
Right of withdrawal of the mediation service NJ Travel
You have the right to withdraw from the agreement with NJ Travel regarding the mediation service within a period of 14 days without giving reasons. This withdrawal period expires 14 days after the agreement has been concluded, or the day on which you have submitted the application for mediation to us.
*However, the right of withdrawal expires sooner if you have requested us, when making your application, to start immediately with the mediation service and have agreed that your right of withdrawal will expire as soon as the mediation service has been fully performed. This is the case if the intended agreement to which the application relates has been concluded.
Right of withdrawal regarding the agreement with the provider of the digital vignette
You have the right to withdraw from the agreement that has been concluded with the provider of the digital vignette through our mediation service within a period of 14 days without giving reasons. This withdrawal period expires 14 days after the relevant agreement has been concluded, or when we have concluded the agreement with the provider on your behalf.
To exercise the right of withdrawal
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform NJ Travel B.V. Piet Heinstraat 7, 7204 JN Zutphen, +31854017689, [email protected] via an unequivocal statement (e.g. in writing by post or e-mail) of your decision to withdraw from the agreement. You can also use the European concept withdrawal form (download here), but the use of this form is not mandatory. To comply with the withdrawal period, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired. The foregoing also applies to the withdrawal statement that relates to agreements that have been concluded through the mediation service of NJ Travel.
Consequences of the right of withdrawal
If you withdraw from the agreement, all* payments you have made so far will be refunded, including any delivery charges (with the exception of any additional charges for choosing another delivery method than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us) without undue delay and in any case no later than 14 days after we have been informed of your decision to withdraw from the agreement. We will refund the money via the same payment method as you used for the original transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, no fees will be charged for such refunds.
* If you have requested that the provision of the (mediation) services begin during the withdrawal period, you will pay an amount that is proportional to what has already been delivered at the time you have notified us that you are withdrawing from the agreement, compared to the full performance of the agreement.
European concept withdrawal form
(only complete and return this form if you want to withdraw from the agreement)
[ name of the company ]
[ geographic address of the company ]
[ fax number of the company, if available ]
[ email address or electronic address of the company ]
I/We* hereby inform you that I/we* want to withdraw from our agreement regarding the provision of the following service: [name of the service]
Ordered on*/received on* [date of the order for services or date of receipt for products)
[Name of the consumer(s)] [Address of the consumer(s)]
[Signature of the consumer(s)] [only when this form is submitted on paper)
*Delete what is not applicable or complete what is applicable.
- Make sure you apply for your vignette on time! The vignette will be processed and issued within two hours to the registration number for which you have applied for the vignette.
- You will receive the vignette within two hours after submitting your application. Are you leaving earlier? Then apply for the vignette with urgency. You will receive the vignette within 15 minutes. Proof that you have bought the digital vignette will be confirmed to you by email.
- You cannot cancel the vignette but you may be entitled to a (partial) refund. This depends on when the vignette was applied for, what your date of arrival is and how long you will be staying. The vignette can therefore not always be cancelled and refunded.
- A vignette is valid for 10 days or 1 month and can only be used once.
- Yes, there are definitely checks by means of an automated camera system. The fines are high, so do not take the risk!
NJ Vignette B.V. is an intermediary and applies for the vignette on your behalf and in your name. NJ Vignette B.V. charges a commission for this.
An agreement is concluded between you and the official authority of the relevant country that issues the vignette, with regard to the vignette requirement.
All prices on our website are including vat.